When kids are growing up, they tend to have a mind of their own. I feel that my kids totally zone me out. Especially when I am talking to them!! With distance education taking the front seat, it has been really difficult to monitor them. I finally tried Microsoft Family Safety and I am happy with the results.
Globally most kids are confined at home. They are glued to their computers or mobile screens or televisions for online classes. And it is a constant struggle to watch over kids. There are many distractions that kids come across during their class timings, as well as when they are supposed to be studying.
Some of the popular distractions kids are prone to are:
- Tik Tok
How can we monitor and control what our kids can view online?
Yes, I agree it is difficult to monitor and control the viewership of kids when we ourselves are busy working from home or office.
Initially, I tried and tested a few programs or software like Spyrix Free Keylogger, Kaspersky Safe Kids, OpenDNS FamilyShield, and Microsoft family safety app.
However, I really like the Microsoft family safety app.
Benefits of Microsoft Family Safety App:
- It is absolutely free.
- You can download the App on your mobile.
- It can easily be synced and accessed through any email account.
- It is easy to add your child’s Microsoft account to your Family account
- Add any number of devices they are using. (tablet, laptop, desktop, any gaming devices like Xbox or PlayStation)
- You can add as many child accounts as you want and
- Easily manage permissions.
Features of Microsoft Family Safety App:
- You can set screen time limits: Microsoft Family has this really good option where you can set screen times for the individual child.
- Set app and game limits: You can also set limits to the sites, apps and games your kid’s download. If can always block apps, websites and games.
- Buy budget: It requires permission from parents if kids want to buy something online. You can even set a budget limit for them. Kids can download some free games and apps.
Alternatively, you may also like other free Parental control apps that can be downloaded through your Amazon Fire TV:
- Fami Safe
- Screentime Parental Control – You can also get a Quick Guide to Parental Controls for Amazon Fire Devices.
But, if you are not so sure how to go about controlling what your kids see online. Or you are overwhelmed by many apps or software and don’t know where to start. Then, why not start with this Kindle Guide book.
Finally, I would love to hear about which Parenting Control apps or programs work for your family and kids. Till then stay safe and safe surfing on the net for your kids.